Senior Business Development Manager
About The Company
First Mile are the 9th fastest growing clean-tech company in Europe and one the UK’s leading recycling businesses; recently voted one of the 1,000 companies to inspire Britain 2017. We make recycling easy for businesses and are passionate about providing amazing services for our customers. As a result, almost 4,000 new customers join First Mile every year.
Due to growth in the business, this is a chance to join our high energy Business Development team and become a part of our story.
We want you to make a real difference. You will learn and be given support to develop existing and new skills. For further information about us see our website.
Job purpose: Manage and win a portfolio of new key B2B accounts, ensuring sales targets are met or exceeded, contributing to First Mile’s ambitious growth plans. Quickly react to leverage growth opportunities from existing leads, create value led, relevant propositions in the form of client meetings, site visits, proposal writing, and occasional presentations.
Convert an existing pipeline of opportunities into new First Mile customers. Attend meetings with a variety of potential customers to discuss First Mile services, understand their drivers for change, and provide bespoke solutions, in order to win new customers.
Manage and own a sales pipeline, setting key forecast dates and estimated value. Keep organised by maintaining own pipeline of opportunities, and setting forecasts for when work will close. Meeting weekly with the Senior Manager to ensure personal sales are on track.
Strategy & Ownership: Contribute to the longer-term business strategy and service solution, using customer and market insight to help shape and optimise future services, pricing and products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings with potential clients to discuss current services, deduce their drivers for change and gain an understanding of their needs.
- Present/pitch proposals during onsite visits
- To write bespoke proposals and quotes, tailored to each customers’ needs.
- Negotiating by phone, email, and in person to close the deal
- Hand over accounts in a timely and detailed manner to the account manager and customer service teams.
- To form and build relationships with potential clients.
- Oversee smooth implementation of new services, ensuring all First Mile teams deliver as planned
- Manage pipeline of opportunities and maintain accurate records, in particular, the First Mile CRS system (Salesforce)
- Understand, support and communicate the key aims of First Mile’s business development agenda.
- Work with the Senior Manager, to ensure sales targets for the team are met.
- Contribute to the continuing development of business development tools that support First Mile growth.
- Proven track record in B2B sales with evidence of hitting individual sales target.
- Determined, resilient and self-driven with a focus to succeed.
- Analytical, quick thinker and effective problem solver.
- Proven sales experience, preferably in a B2B environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed sales targets.
- Strong business language communications skills, face to face, telephone and email.
- Experience implementing new customer projects
- Use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience of Sales Force beneficial
- Ability to project manage and develop business initiatives.
- Strong commercial acumen, a logical thinker
Outstanding communicator – tailors the tone, message and approach to engage liaise effectively with customers and other team members.
Expert listening skills, sees through the customers eyes and is able to translate their requirements
Able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and demonstrate commercial awareness
Possesses a persistent and curious nature.
Is driven and enthusiastic, which encourages commitment from others.
Creative, able to innovate and improve our proposition
Able to adapt effectively to changing priorities and environments
Desires responsibility, with a strong sense of accountability
Knowledge & Technical Skills
Identifies business improvements and provides solutions
Tactical planning and implementation
Data analysis and problem-solving
Strong presentation skills, creating the story and presenting to your audience
A hunger to succeed and surpass targets
Your salary will start at £35,000 and you will have the opportunity to earn a discretionary, performance related bonus of up to 5% of your annual salary each quarter. There will be 33 days holiday and pension contributions. Plus, lots of parties, team lunches and other staff benefits!
Enjoy working in our beautiful modern office with on-site café and beautiful adjacent park.
Thank you to everyone who applies for the role, regrettably, we can only reply to shortlisted candidates. If you're not shortlisted this time, please feel free to apply for any future roles.