IT Manager - Software focused
First Mile is a fast-growing recycling business, focused on making it easy for businesses to maximise their recycling, and minimise their impact on the environment.
To support the fast-growth of the business, we are looking to hire our first IT Manager to oversee all the software, hardware and infrastructure for the business going forward. Overtime, this role will likely oversee and manage the other Support Functions in the business as well, and will report to the CFO.
We are looking for an ambitious, technical talent with software experience who is able to deliver on all the IT needs for a fast-growing business, while also showing management potential to oversee larger areas of the business over time.
Manage our software infrastructure and technical support
· First Mile has developed a portal to manage interactions with customers – you will be responsible for ongoing maintenance, feature development, and production stability
o The key technologies for the portal include: Angular, Java (Spring Framework), Postgres, Pentaho ETL, with large parts of the business being run on Salesforce
· Going forward, you will be responsible for driving the technical architecture, investment and roadmap for any future developments or IT products that First Mile decides to develop
· Where appropriate, and commercially justifiable, you will manage any additional outsourced development resources are required for delivery
· For Salesforce, work with our Salesforce Administrator to ensure that the system and integrations are fit for the purposes of the business
Oversee Corporate IT with the assistance of an outsourced provider
· We currently work with an outsourced IT supplier to provide basic IT support – you will be responsible for managing that relationship, as well as acting as the key point of contact for employees that may need outside assistance.
· In addition, you will be responsible for setting priorities, focus areas and strategy for all the Corporate IT needs for the business, to include but not limited to:
o Software and hardware security
o Networking and data security
o Overseeing maintenance and upgrade cycle for physical hardware (printers, scanners, individual computers, Audio-Visual etc
· Define process and strategy for how best to support the business’s IT needs in the future
Key Skills Required:
A confident communicator, able to easily strike up conversation with key stakeholders and third part suppliers.
Flexible thinker with creative problem-solving skills. Methodical, logical and consistent with excellent attention to detail, used to ensure no internal customer issue goes unaddressed.
Ability to think commercially and apply IT solutions to commercial problems.
Good interpersonal skills; self-starter.
Ability to communicate in non-technical terms to non-technical people; translating technical language into an easy to understand message
Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment where solutions are achieved through multiple iterations
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to think through and plan work flows and processes in a logical manner.
Well organised and possesses good time management skills.
Self-starter driven to improve and enhance service delivery of applications to end users
The ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines.
High attention to detail.
Capability/interest in coding
Capable of using own initiative, owning workload and putting forward ideas for process improvements.
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Extensive technical, hands-on experience, either in software development, technical support or cloud infrastructure
- Strong Salesforce configuration ability.
Strong analytical skills; able to work with both end user and 3rd party providers to troubleshoot complex system-level issues.
Employs structured approaches to system configuration management
Ability to train users in applications and operating system fundamentals and to write basic documentation.
Your salary will start at £40,000 - £50,000 + 5% quarterly bonus! There will be 33 days holiday and pension contributions. Plus, lots of parties, team lunches and other staff benefits!
Enjoy working in our beautiful modern office with on-site café and beautiful adjacent park.