Customer Service Officer - 24k + quarterly bonus
About The Company
First Mile are the 9th fastest growing clean-tech company in Europe and one the UK’s leading recycling businesses; recently voted one of the 1,000 companies to inspire Britain 2017. We make recycling easy for businesses and are passionate about providing amazing services for our customers. As a result, almost 4,000 new customers join First Mile every year.
Due to growth in the business, this is a chance to join our high energy Customer Services team and become a part of our story.
We want you to make a real difference. You will learn and be given support to develop existing and new skills. For further information about us see our website.
About The Role
If you’re an energetic individual who is committed to providing first-class customer service and interested in recycling/ environmental issues, then this is a great opportunity for you.
You will amaze customers by providing swift and efficient responses to queries of all kinds. You will act as problem solvers, resolving issues rapidly and identify ways to improve performance and service delivery to customers. You will contribute to the growth of the business by maximizing all inbound sales opportunities.
You will report to the Customer Services Manager on a daily basis.
- Incoming calls from existing customers: taking orders and dealing with general enquiries
- Solving both routine problems and complex customer enquiries and issues
- Complaint handling
- Responding to customer emails
- Outgoing courtesy calls to existing clients
To succeed in this role you will have a great phone manner and the ability to work within a team is absolutely essential. Other essential skills include:
- A strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability (put simply, someone who make things happen)
- The ability to think and act independently; be creative and curious,
- Determined, resilient and self-driven with a focus to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy/ attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Quick to learn. Being proactive about your development
- Logical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Good computer skills and experience of using a customer relationship management system
Your salary will start at £24,000 + 5% quarterly bonus! There will be 33 days holiday and pension contributions. Plus, lots of parties, team lunches and other staff benefits!
Enjoy working in our beautiful modern office with on-site café and beautiful adjacent park.
Thank you to everyone who applies for the role, regrettably, we can only reply to shortlisted candidates. If you're not shortlisted this time, please feel free to apply for any future roles.